Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wal-Mart Greeters

I took the kids to Wal-Mart this morning. Walking in the doors we were greeted by two elderly Wal-Mart Greeters. The older gentleman was quick to pull out his roll of happy face stickers and give the kids each one. The female greeter placed a sticker on the item I needed to return.

She looked at me and said very seriously, “You know they don’t accept exchanges over 6 months old”.

I was a little confused but said, “Oh I just purchased this a few weeks ago”.

She just stared at me and said, “No, I was talking about your daughter. You can’t return her. She is too old. ....It was a joke”.

“Oh”, I said, “I’m sorry. It went over my head”. I then tried to laugh.

The lady was sweet but she needs to learn how to set up a joke better. LOL.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I think I would have been confused as well. :)

Holly said...

That would have been over my head as well.
Maybe she had a failed career as a stand-up comic and hasn't let go of her material yet.