Monday, October 29, 2007

Family Drama

Sometimes it really pays to live in another State and away from your family. I miss them during the holidays. I wish the kids could get to know their grandparents more. Visiting family once or twice a year doesn't create the deepest bonds.

Still you have to go where the work is. I can not feel sorry for myself as I am not a lone in this area. So many people live away from their families.

Then there are the benefits. Don't act all shocked at the idea of there being benefits. If you live in another State you know what I am talking about. Like when my brother called first thing this morning to complain about a visit he had with our parents over the weekend. How they can drove him nuts. I listened to him say "can you believe they said this". It makes me glad that I do not have to deal with the silly drama.

The simple every day (it really means nothing) sort of drama. Family can be annoying. Generation gaps can cause misunderstandings and miscommunication. I know this. Still, I know I'd be talking just like my brother if it had been me.

Which is why, sometimes it is nice to not live so close. I say this knowing with all my heart that I hope this never happens with my children when they grow up. I'd hate to think there may come a day that I will only see them once or twice a year. I also hope they never call each other to complain about me!

No comments: