Thursday, December 6, 2007

Here come the game shows...

I was chatting with a friend today about the writers strike. One of my favorite topics as of late...since...well...the TV is my only form of entertainment it seems. Besides the mishaps that come a long with having children of course.

So this is the week. The week where most of the last episodes of our favorite shows are aired. Then that is it. No more.

My friend and I were talking about how this could end a lot of new shows that were just starting out. The ones that had luke warm ratings. When the strike is over, will they return to be given a fair chance?

Plus...say the strike ends tomorrow... How long will it take for new shows to be:

A. Written
B. Taped
C. Edited
D. Finally Aired?

Lastly, what about the daytime soaps. I'm mighty impressed that they are still airing truthfully. They must tape episodes months and months in advanced. After all the shows air 5 times a week. I heard or read that they are really expensive to produce. With actors, sets, wardrobe, writers etc. Talk is some soaps (the lower rated ones I'm sure) might not return. It would be cheaper for the networks to throw in a game show.

Aaah..the game shows. This is what we have to look forward too. Have you seen the advertisements?? They are coming. In leaps and bounds. We are about to inundated with game shows.

(((sigh)))

Why can they not come to an agreement with this strike? Never mind that my entertainment value is going to be greatly lowered. Think about all the people out of work. I'm not even talking about the actors or writers. What about all the people behind the scenes? This strike is a no win situation for everyone.

No comments: