Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Parenting Award

I wouldn’t win any parenting award today. Why? Well…let me just say with every ounce of my being I had wanted to leave my son at the mall today.

Okay…sure…I didn’t. But I really, really wanted too.

What happened to my sweet little boy? As he nears his sixth birthday a new little boy is emerging. This one has ATTITUDE. He will talk back to me. He will demand things. Excuse me, but where did he come from?

Okay..I am probably to blame.

Let me say in my defense I have always been a fairly stern mother. We have rules and I expect them to be followed. He never used to test me though. Now he is. It is hard to stick to my guns and not give in.

I didn’t give in today. It wasn’t easy as I had to endure a huge (and loud) production of tears and wails. This of course was done to attract the attention of as many strangers in the mall as possible.

(((sigh)))

I love the kid, but days like today can really test my patience. It also makes me question my parenting skills.

Tomorrow will be better…I know that. Today I am just one tired and frazzled mother.

No comments: