Thursday, November 8, 2007

5:00 AM Freak Out

This morning around 5:00 AM I woke up with a terrible start. I swear I heard our sliding glass door close downstairs. The door that opens to our back yard from the kitchen. My husband of course is away on business (a 2 day trip - and the only one for this month - whoo, hoo).

Any way...

I think I honestly started to hyperventilate. I couldn't breath and my heart was pounding so incredibly fast and hard. It was scary because I realized that if someone was really in my house my fear would paralyze me from protecting my children. I always secretly thought I'd be the type to scream and fight...you know...basically save the day.

Ha.

I remember when I was little and would wake up from a bad dream. I would scream out to my mom and only a whisper would come out. I was so scared I couldn't scream or yell.

I guess I haven't changed.

Sad.

Thankfully it wasn't the sliding door I heard early this morning. It could of been my imagination or just one of the kids stirring. It took me a long time to shake off the fear though. I'm not sure how well I'll sleep tonight.

No comments: