Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

Oh how I have missed my computer! Sad to say, but oh so true!

We have been at my brother's place this past week. It's been great visiting family, but with kids it has also been a little crazy and dare I say a little stressful. Still, it's been worth every frazzled moment.

Right now the men folk are watching football (and drinking a few beers). I'm enjoying my glass of wine (now that the kiddos are in bed). Any way, I couldn't stop myself from stealing a few minutes and going online. My sister-in-law is still busy with her kids, so I'm blogging (somewhat) guilt free.

Why do we work all day to make a meal that lasts maybe 20 minutes. Then the clean-up afterwards? And why are we back in the 1950's when it comes to Thanksgiving? The women, at least in my family, do all the work. The men just sit infront of he TV. They don't even want to help with the kids. Instead they keep re-directly the kiddos back into the kitchen to get in our way. Hello! Annoying!!!

Do I sound bitter?

I'm feeling a little bitter right now. I'm sure I'll be fine after I finish my glass of wine. However, I think next year we should insist the men cook, clean and provide full-time child care while the women watch chick flicks.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll see you bright and early at the stores tomorrow!. Gotta love Black Friday!!!

No comments: