Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Cartoons

Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Charlie Brown... and the list continues.

Tis the season for holiday cartoon television specials! I'm not complaining. (Yes, I know I tend to complain a lot. That topic will be saved for another day and another post - thank you very much!) LOL.

I'm not complaining because I love these cartoons. I love them for so many different reasons. Some remind me of my childhood. The excitement I'd feel sitting in front of the TV watching with my brother. But mostly I love being the mom now and watching the excitement in my children's faces. Not to mention the silience and total calmness in the house as their little eyes stay glued to the TV. Not a peep is said. Only the occasional laugh.

As my kids get older the excitement of Christmas and Santa seems to increase. I know these years are precious, because before I know it the magic of Santa will be gone. With one child in Kindergarten, it sadly won't be long before he is told the truth by a classmate.

So for now I can happily join in the excitement and magic the holidays (or should I say Santa) brings.

Of course I'll be able to truly enjoy this all the more when my shopping is complete!!! Again, that is another post for another day!

No comments: