Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Mommy Style!


I saw this clipart and laughed!

I know Valentine’s Day is supposed to be all about romance and stuff…

I do love romance and the idea of Valentine’s Day. I think I used to have very high and unrealistic expectations about this day. Now, that I am a mom the concept of celebrating cupid’s day has changed. I spend the week before working with my children on cards for their friends. I relish their excitement over the school parties they attend and the cards they receive.

My husband and I have always kept this day pretty simple and basic. A card, dinner, and maybe inexpensive gifts are exchanged. Since the kids have arrived we usually order in dinner. Since I am not a fan of the kitchen a night off from cooking a meal is always a welcomed gift. I’m a simple girl I guess – ha, ha.

Oh the life of a stay at home mom. No rose peddles in bath water, or glasses of champagne by the fireplace… still you won’t hear me complain.

I hope your day was filled with love.

No comments: