Friday, March 21, 2008

Toothache

I had been fighting a terrible, painful toothache. I hate the dentist. I mean… I really despise going. A few years ago I had a terrible experience. I was always a nervous patient, now I am a serious wreck. I just don’t trust dentists.

I know the importance of dental hygiene. I do not need to be lectured on that. I go for my 6-month cleanings (with great fear – but I DO go).

So here I was with a sore tooth. What the heck? I wanted to believe I had irritated gums. I wanted to believe the pain would go away. I started chewing on one side of my mouth. I told myself that it was getting better. It wasn’t.

So last week I went in to the dentist. I swear I didn’t sleep the night before. Apparently I had cracked a tooth. I needed a crown. Oh…that was FUN (said with much sarcasm). I seriously wish I could just pull out all my teeth and just have false teeth. I’d have no more cavities and beautiful, perfect white teeth. A nice dream.

1 comment:

Nathan Bedingfield said...

I say, that fear must be overcome. More on the dental hygiene which we all know as basic, regular visits to the dentist for prevention is definitely better to prevent those oh-so-painful toothaches. After all the sitting in the dentist's chair, you won't have that problem anymore.