Saturday, October 13, 2007

Coupon Chief

I was looking at the calendar yesterday. I cannot believe how close to the holidays we are getting. Halloween is only 2 weeks away. Before I know it, we’ll be enjoying a big turkey dinner at my in-laws for Thanksgiving.

This of course means I need to start thinking about Christmas shopping. Believe it or not, I used to start my shopping in August. Back when I was single and living on Mac and Cheese I’d try to start early and spread out the cost of gifts over several months. I was wise beyond my years, wasn’t I? (Ha, ha) Actually, I was afraid of debt and never used a credit card.

Now…flash a head to present time. Who has time to go shopping? When can I go without my children tagging a long? How (with nieces and nephews, in-laws and my own family) do I stay in budget?

A lot of my friends are doing a majority of their shopping online now a days. I’ve purchased a few things in the past, but I think this year I might try to do most of it this way. For example, I came a cross the Coupon Chief. They call themselves the one stop coupon deal and discount resource on the web. If you know me, you know I’m always looking for a deal. So if they provide coupons and promotional discounts on-line, you know I’ll be using them. Since I’m pretty much a newbie to online shopping and bargain hunting, I am really excited about this site.

Let me give you a couple of examples. They provide great money saving opportunities for such well-known stores as Target and Best Buy online. Seriously! I wish I knew about this site before!

I’ve been trying to come up with some gift ideas for the kids this year and this site provides coupons and promotional codes for most of the stores I shopped at. I know KB Toys carries a great supply of princess toys. My 4 year old daughter is all about dressing up like a princess these days. So I'm sure I'll be doing some shopping there! I must admit I got sidetracked at Leaps and Bounds because they presently have some really adorable Halloween costumes on sale.

Shopping at the comfort of my own home. I think I could really save not only time, but money. You can not beat that!


No comments: