Friday, October 19, 2007

Halloween Apples

I was talking to a few moms at my son's school. My little dude is in Kindergarten. The mother's were discussing whether they'd be taking their kids out trick or treating or to the mall (where there will be a party of sorts for little ones).

I see the value on both sides. Tradition says you have to go trick or treating. Otherwise it just isn't Halloween. This is how I feel. I mean I went trick or treating. I loved going with my friends (with my Dad in tow). We showed off our costumes and received candy. What could be better.

Would an indoor party be better? The kids still wear their costumes. The mall provides decorations, games and munches. Plus your kids can go store-to-store trick or treating. So they'll still receive the all important Halloween essential - CANDY. Plus, you don't have possible bad weather to worry about. I've also noticed (at least in my area) fewer homes participating. Perhaps they are out at one of these parties.

I don't know what we'll do this year. I'm really torn. I realize it makes more sense to attend a party like the one at the mall. Still, it doesn't seem like Halloween if you don't go door-to-door. I will have to ask my son and see what he wants to do. It's all about the kids after all.

No comments: