Friday, November 2, 2007

The LAP-BAND System

A little while ago I wrote about my cousin who is seriously looking into having the conroe lap band procedure done. She has struggled with her weight since she was in elementary school.

From reading Dr. Richard Collier’s (a Lap Band Surgeon in the Woodlands, Houston Conroe and Kingwood TX area) website I have learnt this procedure is completely reversible. They emphasize that their patient’s comfort is of the utmost importance to them. They help you feel at ease with roomier gowns, wider hallways and chairs without arms. They also provide restrooms with handicap railings for support and ease. It can be the little things that make a big difference in the care you receive. It really sounds like they do all that they can to provide a soothing environment.

Dr. Richard Collier specializes in the laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding procedure. This is more commonly known as the LAPBAND System. I never knew this was proformed on an outpatient basis. This is ideal as you can rest in the comfort of your own home and bed later the same day.

The more I learn about this procedure the more at ease I feel at the idea of my cousin going forward with the surgery.

No comments: