Sunday, November 4, 2007

Learning to Read

My little guy is in Kindergarten and he is starting to learn how to read. Things have really changed since I was 5 years old. It is exciting working on his homework each night.

Yes! He has nightly homework in Kindergarten. It is only on average 10 minutes of work each night. Right now he loves the one on one attention. It tends to focus on something he learnt in school that day. So he is excited to share with me and even show off a little.

We’ve been working on his reading (and even some full on sentence writing). All this and it is only the beginning of November.

I truly hope my son’s love and excitement for learning how to read continues. If not I won’t hesitate to provide him with Reading Tutors from a Score Learning Center. They assist children ages 4 to 14 make significant academic progress within an innovative tutoring environment.

I believe children with confidence in themselves and the drive to put in the needed effort will do well in school. This is where a tutor can really help a child that is struggling.

No comments: